Thursday, February 09, 2006

 

Good Luck Dunfermline!

Very best of luck to Willie Rennie today in the Dunfermline and West Fife by-election. We'll be up on tenterhooks tonight hoping he wins, and he certainly deserves to.

Unfortunately I've not been well enough to get up there (bah!), but hopefully I'll lose my record of getting to every by-election the Lib Dems have won since late 1991 (including leafletting and canvassing on the orders of some terrible martinet agent called Willie Rennie. No, he was brilliant). My first was Kincardine and Deeside, when I was much younger and painfully thin; in the chilly November wind and rain my main canvassing appeal seemed to be to ladies of a certain age who wanted to mother that nice well-spoken young man who was turning blue on their doorstep. Awwhh. That was a long time ago.

Well done to all the Lib Dems who did manage to get up there and help, especially if they too went blue in the cold wind off the Forth. I'm rubbish at predictions, but I'm sure that whatever the result is, the electorate won't be turning blue tonight (groan). Sorry, Mr Cameron - egg all over your face for a u-turn you didn't mean, and for nothing...

Comments:
Weather's been lovely up here Alex, not too cold and the sun is out today. Admittedly it did make a late start to the day as we were out delivering in darkness but it is doing its best now. Also it has been a relatively dry campaign I can only recall one day when there were sporadic showers.

Ho hum, only another 3 1/2 hours before I head back over there.
 
I enjoyed my brief time campaigning in Dunfermline. Just a shame I then got so ill I couldn't travel back for 24 hours!

PS please win Willie! - I make a nice profit if you do!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?