Tuesday, September 17, 2013

 

That Alex Salmond ‘Independence-Lite’ Reassurance In Full


As we’re in Glasgow, the city where my Dad was born and to which Alex Salmond is so eager to make me an alien, I thought the First Minister deserved some rigorous intellectual analysis. What do his ‘Independence-Lite-Ambiguity-Heavy’ reassurances to a sceptical Scotland really mean?
‘So I want us to move out, and you’re nervous you won’t like the new place. But it’s OK! Putting Britain through a divorce they don’t want and stiffing them with the rent won’t change anything. We’ll still be able to shag them whenever we want and borrow all their stuff – just no strings! What do you mean, you’re not convinced? How could anyone resist my charms?’
You know, he sounds just like a load of other men I’ve heard boasting after their divorce.

Just not for very long after.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?